Civic Center Station Revitalization
With its reopening in 2017, Civic Center Station has served as one of RTD’s regional bus transit centers and been a part of the downtown landscape for decades. It was time for this downtown transit hub to get a much-needed facelift.
2016 - 2017
Civic Center Station serves as one of RTD’s busiest regional bus transit centers with eighteen routes serving an average of 15,000 passengers a day. It provides a turnaround point for the 16th Street Free MallRide and is also the location of the Civic Center Plaza - an integral part of the downtown landscape for more than three decades.
The state-of-the-art design features:
- An open and welcoming environment design
- Nine bus bays
- Glass-enclosed terminal building
- Bus concourse rebuild
- Bus ramp extension connecting Broadway to Lincoln
- Open view from 16th Street Mall to the State Capitol
- Land parcel preserved for future development opportunities
- A building structure that is easier to maintain and repair long-term