Colorado Open Records Act (CORA) Requests
The RTD Board of Directors supports transparency in their governing role as policy makers for the Regional Transportation District. Records of RTD and the Board are public records and open to the public for inspection as provided in the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-201. To request records, please follow the process below:
How to request Board public records
- For Board of Directors records, submit a written request to [email protected] or mail to:
Executive Manager for the RTD Board of Directors
Regional Transportation District
1660 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202
- Please be as clear as possible related to your request. (i.e. date/s for information, subject, names or anything you may have that will assist us in our search). Include full contact information for resolution of any questions and timely transmittal of response.
- Please state whether you desire copies or wish to inspect records at RTD without receiving copies.
- RTD does not grant fee waivers. Please state in your request if/how much cost you will approve for obtaining documents or the contact process for approval of costs. You will be required to pay an advance if costs are estimated to exceed $10. If final costs vary from the advance, you will receive a partial refund or will be required to pay the remaining amount before the records are released.
- RTD does not charge for the first hour of staff time for research and retrieval. However, RTD may charge for all other applicable fees including staff time for redaction, manipulation, inspection, and other charges authorized by law.
- RTD charges $30 per hour for all requests requiring more than one hour of staff time for research and retrieval as authorized by CRS 24-72-205(6)(b)). If RTD’s actual cost for redaction or manipulation of records exceeds $30 /hour, RTD may elect to charge more or not perform redaction/manipulation. Multiple related requests may be combined for purposes of calculating the hourly rate.
- RTD charges 25 cents per page whether paper or electronic. If file sizes are too large to send via email, you may be required to pay for a CD, DVD, or USB thumb drive.
- RTD will provide at least an initial response to your request within 3 business days. RTD will provide records subject to and within time periods set forth in CORA and RTD’s CORA procedures.
- Exceptions: CORA is limited to records made, maintained or kept by RTD. Not all such records are open to inspection under CORA. In addition, public inspection of certain records maintained by RTD are governed by other laws. You will be notified if exceptions to inspection apply.
All Other Open Records Requests
If you choose not to submit your request online, you may submit your request in writing to the RTD CORA Coordinator via email at [email protected] or mail paper requests to:
- Regional Transportation District
- ATTN: Information Manager - CORA BLK-40
- 1660 Blake Street
- Denver, CO 80202
Please note - written requests may take additional time and fees for fulfillment.
Contact The Board Office
The Board Office requests that a courtesy copy of all correspondence, invitations, and notices of events be sent to Executive Manager Barbara McManus