Establishing new collaboration efforts to get riders to their first and last mile destinations
RTD actively pursues collaboration efforts that integrate new mobility services with traditional public transportation. In May 2019, RTD, Uber and Masabi launched Uber Transit ticketing, enabling RTD riders to be the first in the world to seamlessly buy tickets and ride transit – all from the Uber app. This collaboration aligns with RTD’s plan to provide more integrated mobility options by working with leaders in the public and private sectors.
Using the App
The Uber app can be downloaded from the App store or Google Play. After downloading and setting up login credentials, follow these steps to use the app while in the Denver metro area:
- Choose your destination and starting point.
- Select "Transit" among the Economy product options.
- Review the route list and then select a route. Route details will then be displayed.
- Tap "go" to purchase tickets using credit and debit payments methods currently enabled by Uber.*
- Select from the three-hour, day and monthly passes options.
- Activate your tickets in the "Transit Tickets" section of the Uber app.
*RTD tickets cost the same whether you buy them on the bus, rail platform, or RTD Mobile Tickets app.
About our partnership with Uber
The collaboration involving RTD, Uber, and Masabi is the first anywhere to offer the public real-time transit information and ticketing within the Uber app. Right now, all Uber riders in the Denver metro region can plan their trips, buy RTD tickets through the Uber app and use their smartphone as their ticket to ride our rail and bus services.