Service DevelopmentProviding service planning, scheduling, monitoring, performance evaluation and implementation
Service Development Division
The Service Development Division is responsible for service planning, scheduling, runcutting, service monitoring, service performance evaluation, and implementation coordination of all RTD services.
The Major Functions of Service Development Include:
- Exploration and development of new and improved services.
- Integration of service planning with marketing, systems planning, and facilities planning.
- Evaluation of service performance according to RTD Transit Service Policies and Standards with recommendations for proposed changes.
- Development and implementation of three system-wide service changes each year.
- Development of new and restructured network, sub-regional, corridor, and community transit service plans.
- Maintenance and development of tools for planning and analysis, including, scheduling, runcutting, geographic information systems, ridership monitoring and analysis, and performance evaluation.
Service Development is divided into three geographically bounded teams, as well as one team covering all Rail lines and services, to more effectively address RTD's large district. For all questions or comments regarding current service or requests for new service, please email [email protected] or call the Service Development Division at 303-299-2004.
System Optimization Plan
Adopted by the RTD Board of Directors in July 2022, the System Optimization Plan (SOP) is a detailed evaluation of travel patterns, demographics, and transit routes in the district, and includes recommended modifications to RTD’s fixed-route services to better meet the region’s near-term mobility needs. RTD’s planned route reinstatements and modifications can be found in the SOP.Learn More about the SOP
System Optimization PlanFind RTD’s planned route reinstatements and modifications here
Operator Information Page (OIP)Operators, click here for OIP
Operator Bulletin Board (OBB)Operators, click here for the bulletin board
This division is responsible for service planning, scheduling, runcutting, service monitoring, service performance evaluationTo see upcoming service changes click here