mTickets may be purchased through RTD’s Mobile Tickets application or through a Third-party application. Currently, mTickets are available for purchase through Third-party applications that include the Uber App, the Lyft App, and the Transit App.
RTD uses Masabi LLC (Masabi), a company that specializes in the provision of mobile ticketing solutions, to sell RTD mTickets. When you purchase an mTicket through RTD’s Mobile Tickets application or a Third-party application, a contract is formed between you and Masabi for the purchase of that mTicket. References in this Policy to ‘we’ and ‘us’ are therefore intended to cover both RTD and Masabi.
We take the privacy of our users very seriously. We ask that you read this Policy carefully as it contains important information about how your personal data will be used and shared when you purchase mTickets through a mobile application.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Information that you provide
When you purchase mTickets through the RTD Mobile Tickets App or through a Third-party application, we will collect personal information, including:
- Information about mTickets purchased, such as the mTicket ID, type of mTicket, date and time of purchase of the mTicket, and the validity period of the mTicket.
- Payment details, information about the financial transactions related to the credit or debit cards used for purchases, the email address the purchase receipt was sent to, and information about credit or debit cards saved in your account. (We only store the last four digits of the credit card number.)
- Information about mTicket activations, such as the type of mTicket and the date and time of activation, end of the validity time, or expiration of the mTicket.
- Device information: We may also collect information about your device each time you use an app. For example, we may collect information on the type of mobile device that you are using and its unique device identifier (for example, the IMEI number, the device’s mobile phone number, or the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface), the type of mobile browser that you are using, the mobile operating system that you are using, mobile network information, and the time zone setting.
Use of Your Personal Information
RTD and Masabi use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with mTickets and to otherwise manage the sale of mTickets (including providing customer support);
- For billing and order fulfillment (including in-app purchases);
- To prevent fraud or illegal activity (for example, to verify the identity of a purchaser of an mTicket);
- For research and for statistical and behavioral analysis;
- To improve our services; and
- To comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal data to:
- Other companies within the RTD and Masabi group;
- RTD’s agents and service providers (including third-party analytics providers who use aggregated data that would not personally identify you); and
- Law enforcement and regulatory agencies in connection with any investigation or to help prevent unlawful activity or as otherwise required by applicable law.
Your consent to RTD's and Masabi’s collection, use, and sharing of your personal information is implied by you purchasing an mTicket through the RTD Mobile Tickets application or through a Third-party application, or by using the mTicket for travel. By purchasing an mTicket, or by using the mTicket for travel, you are deemed to have accepted and agreed to the collection, use, and sharing of your information collected by RTD and Masabi in the manner described in this Policy, and we will not be required to obtain your consent for any use or disclosure described in this Policy.
RTD complies with the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA). For mobile tickets information that is not readily available to RTD staff, mTicket users will be required to file a request through CORA. You may be charged a fee for your request.
We use technical and organizational measures designed to safeguard your personal data, for example:
- Access to your account is controlled by a password and username that are unique to you; and
- We store your personal data on secure servers.
While we will use reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure, and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
We reserve the right to modify and change this Policy at any time without notice. For any significant changes affecting your rights, we will post a more prominent notice of the change to our website. We encourage our customers to review this Policy periodically. You should check this policy frequently to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.
QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS
RTD is committed to adhering to this Policy and to protecting the privacy of its customers. RTD welcomes your questions and comments. If you wish to contact us, please call RTD Customer Care at 303-299-6000 or contact us online.
You can write to us at:
Regional Transportation District
ATTN: Manager, Electronic Fare Operations
1660 Blake Street
Denver, CO 80202
RTD Customer Care
Copyright © 2017-2020 Regional Transportation District. All rights reserved.
RTD, 1660 Blake Street, Denver, CO 80202