Language Assistance Services
Adeegyada Ka Caawinta Luuqadda | Dịch vụ Hỗ trợ Ngôn ngữ | Huduma za usaidizi wa lugha | Kev Pab Cuam Txhais Lus | Serbisyong Tulong sa Wika | Services d'Assistance en Langue | Sprachassistenzdienste | Услуги языковой поддержки | خدمات المساعدة اللغوية | خدمات کمک زبانی | የቋንቋ እርዳታ አገልግሎቶች | भाषा सहयोग सेवाहरू | भाषा सहायता सेवाएं | భాషాపరమైన సహాయ సేవలు | บริการช่วยเหลือด้านภาษา | ບໍລິການຊ່ວຍເຫຼືອດ້ານພາສາ | សេវាកម្មជំនួយផ្នែកភាសា | 언어 지원 서비스 | 言語支援サービス | 语言援助服务
RTD received feedback from customers that fares are expensive and difficult to understand. In response, RTD implemented a Systemwide Fare Study and Equity Analysis to reexamine the RTD fare system holistically, taking into consideration equity, affordability, and simplicity.
RTD is taking a customer-centric approach to this study, with opportunities for customers as well as stakeholders and the community members that we serve to help shape the direction of this study. RTD will explore and evaluate potential changes to the fare structure and pass programs throughout 2022, with consideration of study recommendations by the RTD Board of Directors planned for early 2023.
The goals of the study address three foundational aspects of the RTD fare system:
LEARN MORE AND GET INVOLVED
To date, RTD has engaged with thousands of customers and community members in the fare study and equity analysis. In the third phase of the study, RTD developed two distinct fare structure alternatives.
Through customer and community feedback, financial and operational modeling and a study on the impacts on minority and financially-burdened customers, the project team has developed a proposed draft fare structure that is under consideration by the RTD Board of Directors. Upon their approval, the draft recommendation will be available this spring for a formal public comment and hearing process.
More information about opportunities to get involved in the study’s final phase will be available in April 2023. Have questions? Email [email protected].
PREVIOUS CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY FEEDBACK
RTD has engaged with customers and community members through virtual meetings in English and Spanish, focus groups, and an online survey. See feedback from the first two phases of customer and community engagement below.
Previous Customer and Community Meetings
- Customer and Community Meeting (English) – April 21, 2022: Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (Spanish) – April 28, 2022: Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (English) – June 23, 2022: Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (Spanish) – June 29, 2022: Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (English) – October 20, 2022 | Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (Spanish) – October 27, 2022 | Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
Previous Community Partner Focus Groups
- Community Partner Focus Groups – May 2022: Summary Report (English) | Summary (Spanish)
- Community Partner Focus Groups – November 2022: Summary Report (English) | Summary (Spanish)
Previous Community Surveys
- Survey #1 (Current Conditions) – May 2022: Summary (English) | Summary (Spanish)
Previous Community-Based Organization Survey
- Survey #1 (Current Conditions) – November 2022: Summary (English) | Summary (Spanish)
- Phase One Engagement Milestone Summary – Summary (English) | Summary (Spanish)
- Phase Two Engagement Milestone Summary – Summary (English) | Summary (Spanish)
- Phase Three Engagement Milestone Summary – Summary (English) | Summary (Spanish)
ENGAGEMENT #1 – FEEDBACK ON CURRENT FARE STRUCTURE, SPRING 2022
- Identify challenges with current fare system
- Receive input on fare structure preferences
ENGAGEMENT #2 - CONCEPTUAL OPTIONS, SUMMER 2022
- Educate community and stakeholders on tradeoffs considered when evaluating alternatives
- Share conceptual options for initial feedback
ENGAGEMENT #3 - FARE ALTERNATIVES, FALL 2022
- Evaluate and identify trade-offs between alternatives
FORMAL PUBLIC COMMENT AND HEARING PROCESS ON RECOMMENDATION, EARLY 2023
RTD is engaging stakeholder groups — those representing larger constituencies — through three Feedback Panels: Equity, Pass Program, and Jurisdiction. The Feedback Panels will use customer and community input to provide feedback to RTD on how RTD’s fare structure can meet the study’s goals (equity, affordability, and simplicity), fulfill customer and community needs, and balance trade-offs among all goals and needs. The three Feedback Panels will convene during each of the three engagement milestones. Access meeting materials
Three Feedback Panels
Equity Feedback Panel: Membership is balanced among different marginalized communities and organizations working with those communities: low-income, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), English Language Learners, immigrant populations, people with disabilities, youth, seniors, Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer or Questioning (LGBTQ), and people experiencing houselessness. RTD has selected members for their expertise and insight on equity issues.
- Pass Program Feedback Panel: Membership is balanced among different pass programs: employers, schools, universities/colleges, nonprofits, and neighborhood associations.
- Jurisdiction Feedback Panel: Membership includes formal jurisdictions, including state, regional, city, town, and transportation management organizations/associations.
RTD will take steps to ensure that communication with members of the public with disabilities is effective throughout the study. Persons who require materials in alternative formats, need sign language interpretation, or require other communication consideration for participation, please contact RTD’s ADA Manager at [email protected]. Please provide three business day notice for services to be arranged.