Language Assistance Services
Adeegyada Ka Caawinta Luuqadda | Dịch vụ Hỗ trợ Ngôn ngữ | Huduma za usaidizi wa lugha | Kev Pab Cuam Txhais Lus | Serbisyong Tulong sa Wika | Services d'Assistance en Langue | Sprachassistenzdienste | Услуги языковой поддержки | خدمات المساعدة اللغوية | خدمات کمک زبانی | የቋንቋ እርዳታ አገልግሎቶች | भाषा सहयोग सेवाहरू | भाषा सहायता सेवाएं | భాషాపరమైన సహాయ సేవలు | บริการช่วยเหลือด้านภาษา | ບໍລິການຊ່ວຍເຫຼືອດ້ານພາສາ | សេវាកម្មជំនួយផ្នែកភាសា | 언어 지원 서비스 | 言語支援サービス | 语言援助服务
RTD received feedback from customers that fares are expensive and difficult to understand. In response, RTD implemented a Systemwide Fare Study and Equity Analysis to reexamine the RTD fare system holistically, taking into consideration equity, affordability, and simplicity.
RTD is taking a customer-centric approach to this study, with opportunities for customers as well as stakeholders and the community members that we serve to help shape the direction of this study. RTD will explore and evaluate potential changes to the fare structure and pass programs throughout 2022, with consideration of study recommendations by the RTD Board of Directors planned for early 2023.
The goals of the study address three foundational aspects of the RTD fare system:
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE FARE ALTERNATIVES
As part of the third phase of the study, RTD developed two distinct fare structure alternatives. These alternatives were developed based on customer and community feedback, financial and operational feasibility and impacts on minority as well as financially burdened customers. Explore the two alternatives and learn more about how the alternatives will impact you as a Local, Regional, Airport or discount program customer at farealternatives.rtd-denver.com. You can also see the additional policies and programs RTD is considering to achieve the study’s goals of equity, affordability and simplicity.
PREVIOUS CUSTOMER AND COMMUNITY FEEDBACK
RTD has engaged with customers and community members through virtual meetings in English and Spanish, focus groups, and an online survey. See feedback from the first two phases of customer and community engagement below.
Previous Customer and Community Meetings
- Customer and Community Meeting (English) – April 21, 2022: Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (Spanish) – April 28, 2022: Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (English) – June 23, 2022: Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (Spanish) – June 29, 2022: Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (English) – October 20, 2022 | Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
- Customer and Community Meeting (Spanish) – October 27, 2022 | Agenda | Meeting Summary | Meeting Materials | Video
Previous Community Partner Focus Groups
- Community Partner Focus Groups – May 2022: Summary Report
- Community Partner Focus Groups (Spanish) – May 2022: Summary Report
Has it been years since you used an RTD service? No matter how you answered, RTD wants to hear from you! Your feedback will inform this study and help identify options and alternatives for consideration and evaluation. There will also be a series of engagements including surveys, customer and community meetings, and more.
To be notified when there are opportunities to share your thoughts, simply add yourself to our mailing list. If you wish to stay anonymous, please type “anonymous” in the name and email fields.
ENGAGEMENT #1 – FEEDBACK ON CURRENT FARE STRUCTURE, SPRING 2022
- Identify challenges with current fare system
- Receive input on fare structure preferences
ENGAGEMENT #2 - CONCEPTUAL OPTIONS, SUMMER 2022
- Educate community and stakeholders on tradeoffs considered when evaluating alternatives
- Share conceptual options for initial feedback
ENGAGEMENT #3 - FARE ALTERNATIVES, FALL 2022
- Evaluate and identify trade-offs between alternatives