How to Park
Determine if Parking Fees Apply
Park-n-Ride fees largely depend on if your vehicle is registered to an address within the boundaries of the RTD service district. If your vehicle is registered within RTD Boundaries, it's free to park at nearly all of RTD’s Park-n-Rides for up to 24 hours. If your vehicle is registered to an address outside the district, then you may need to pay for the first 24 hours of parking. Use our License Plate Lookup tool below, or the Lookup Your RTD District tool to confirm if your vehicle is registered to an address inside or outside the district.
For parking that extends beyond the first 24 hours, a $2.00 daily fee applies to vehicles registered within the district. If your vehicle is registered out of district, a $4.00 daily fee applies. You must pay before getting on the bus or train.To find a Park-n-Ride closest to you, take a look at the Park-n-Ride map, or view a list of Park-n-Ride facilites.
License Plate Lookup
Determine if you're In or Out of District
Fees vary for in and out of district passengers. Use the license plate lookup to see if your vehicle is registered to an address in or out of RTD boundaries.
Pay for Parking
Once you've arrived at the Park-n-Ride or train station, find the blue canopy pay station near the bus stop or train platform. Your license plate number will be required. You may pay cash (exact change, please) or use VISA, Mastercard, Discover, or American Express. Customers may park for up to 30 days.
Mobile payment is available for daily and extended parking. When you pay with your mobile device you will need to provide your license plate number and the Park-n-Ride or station parking zone number. You can find the parking zone number posted on signs above the pay stations at each location.
Other Mobile Payment Options
1. Parking.com mobile website
2. Scan QR code at Pay Station to pay via mobile website
3. Pay by text- Text the Parking Zone number to 201-379-2616, then pay via the link response to the mobile site.
Vehicles may be parked continuously for no longer than 30 consecutive days. Vehicles parked greater than 30 consecutive days without being moved may be subject to ticketing and towing at the owners expense.
RV parking is not allowed at any RTD location.
Parking for Airport Travel
Park-n-Rides offer significant cost savings to parking at Denver International Airport and those located along the A Line provide direct access to the airport without the need to transfer lines.
Note you must pay for parking ahead of you leaving your vehicle and boarding RTD.
Safety Tip: Don't advertise your absence. Take your parking receipt with you and do not leave it on your dash.
The 61st•Peña Park-n-Ride is managed by Denver International Airport. Visit www.flydenver.com for pricing and other information.
Recently moved into district
U.S. military personnel
U. S. military personnel from out of state who are assigned to active duty in Colorado and who reside within RTD boundaries.
College students currently enrolled in at least 10 credit hours, who attend classes a minimum of 3 days a week and temporarily reside within RTD boundaries while attending school.
Drivers whose vehicles display a valid disabled placard or license plate (including disabled veterans) are exempt from paying parking fees for the first 24-hours. For parking that extends beyond the first 24-hours, a $2.00 daily fee applies.
Nonpayment of applicable parking fees will result in any of the following violations:
- First violation: warning
- Second violation: $20
- Third violation: $50
- Fourth violation: $100
- Fifth and subsequent violation: $100, boot or tow at owner's risk
If you disagree with your violation notice, you can fill out a violation dispute form or call 303-292-1505. Violations can be paid by calling 303-292-1505, or online. Customers with a dispute have the right to a formal dispute hearing conducted by an appointed RTD Hearing Officer. Requests for such a hearing must be made in writing with 14 days of the occurrence to the Parking Program Manager, 1660 Blake Street Denver, CO 80202.
Alternatives to Parking
Though we try to plan adequate space at all Park-n-Rides, certain locations fill up early. If they do, consider the following:
- Take an RTD bus or FlexRide to your Park-n-Ride, and ask the driver for a 3-Hour Pass when you board. Use it as a credit toward your fare on your connecting route.
- Try another Park-n-Ride along your route.
- Have someone drop you off and pick you up.
- Start/join a carpool or vanpool.
- Ride your bike, rent a bike locker or bring your bike with you on bus or train. RTD has a limited number of leased bike lockers available and many bike racks.
The Fine Print About Park-n-Ride and Parking Fees
RTD Park-n-Rides are for the specific use of transit passengers. Parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Covered and uncovered parking options vary by location. Drivers of vehicles who are in violation of the parking rules and fees may receive a warning, be ticketed, booted or towed at the owner’s expense. RTD is not responsible for loss, damage, or theft of your vehicle or belongings while parked at a Park-n-Ride. SP+ manages and monitors all license plates daily at Park-n-Rides where parking fees apply.
Unless otherwise permitted by RTD, parking a vehicle in Park-n-Rides without use of the RTD transit system is prohibited and may subject the owner to penalties including towing of the vehicle at the owner’s expense.
Fees at Park-n-Rides
In-District and Out-of-District Information
In-District and out-of-District customers can park for FREE for 24 hours at the following facilities:
- 8th and Coffman
- 104th Avenue and Revere
- Alameda and Havana
- Aspen Park
- Bergen Park
- C-470 and South University Blvd
- Commerce City and 72nd
- Eastlake and 124th
- Englewood Station
- Genesee Park
- Highlands Ranch Town Center
- Hwy 119 and Niwot
- Jefferson County Gov't Center - Golden Station
- Ken Caryl and C-470
- Lincoln and Jordan
- Northglenn and 112th
- Olde Town Arvada**
- Original Thornton and 88th
- Paradise Hills
- Pine Junction
- Smoky Hill and Picadilly
- Southwest Plaza
- Thornton Crossroads and 104th
- US 85 and Bridge Street
- US 285 and Mountain View
- US 285 and Twin Forks
- US 287 and 21st Street
- US 287 and Niwot Road
- Wadsworth and Hampden
** No overnight parking permitted at this station.
Park-n-Rides with Fees
In-District, initial 24 hours per visit: free
In-District, each additional 24 hours: $2.00
Out-of-District, every 24 hours: $4.00
- 2nd Ave and Abilene Station
- 13th Ave Station
- 27th Way and Broadway
- 30th and Downing Station
- 38th and Blake Station
- 39th St and Table Mesa
- 40th Ave and Airport Blvd - Gateway Park
- 40th and Colorado Station
- 41st and Fox
- 60th Ave. & Sheridan at Arvada Gold Strike
- Arapahoe at Village Center Station
- Arvada Ridge
- Aurora Metro Center Station
- Belleview Station
- Boulder Church of the Nazarene
- Boulder Junction at Depot Square Station*
- Central Park Station
- Clear Creek & Federal
- Colorado Station
- County Line Station
- Dayton Station
- Decatur-Federal Station
- Dry Creek Station
- Evans Station
- Federal Center Station
- I-25 and Broadway Station
- Lakewood-Wadsworth Station
- Lincoln Station
- Littleton-Mineral Station
- Littleton-Downtown Station
- Nine Mile Station
- Oak Station
- Orchard Station
- Pecos Junction
- Peoria Station
- Sheridan Station
- Southmoor Station
- RidgeGate Parkway Station
- Tantra Dr and Table Mesa
- University of Denver Station**
- US 36 and Broomfield
- US 36 and Church Ranch
- US 36 and East Flatiron Circle
- US 36 and McCaslin
- US 36 and Sheridan
- US 36 and Table Mesa
- Wagon Road
- Wheat Ridge & Ward Road
- Yale Station
* Pay Station for RTD Customers is located in the bus terminal lobby.
** No overnight parking permitted at this station.
Privately Owned Facilities
- 61st and Peña Station - This parking facility is not owned or operated by RTD. This is a private parking lot managed by Denver International Airport. For more information on the parking lot and fees flydenver.com
- Iliff Station - This parking facility is owned and operated by the City of Aurora. Daily parking fees are $1.50/day and fees apply to all vehicles. Please visit www.parkaurora.com for more information.
- Westminster Station - This parking facility is owned and operated by the City of Westminster. RTD Rates apply to Levels 3 and 4 only. Levels 1 and 2 are public parking and subject to fees determined by the City of Westminister. Find more information on fees
- Olde Town Arvada Park-n-Ride - This parking facility is owned and operated by the City of Arvada. Find fees, time limits, restrictions and permitting information
Our partners at the Denver Police Department are committed to reducing auto thefts in Denver with their DenverTrack program. DenverTracks works with vehicle GPS systems to track stolen vehicles in real time. To learn more and register your vehicle, click here.