In special situations, we may be able to contact bus operators in an attempt to locate certain essential items:
- Personal documentation that could pose a threat of identity theft
- Essential medical supplies/device (for example, an oxygen tank).
If we are able to confirm that an item matching the description of your lost item was recovered, you are welcome to meet the operator on the route, or check with Lost and Found after 1:00 p.m. the next business day and make arrangements to recover the lost item.
- RTD cannot confirm a recovered item is yours, but we can confirm that a recovered item matches your description and is with the driver or at the Lost and Found division.
- We are not able to contact train operators. We do not contact Free MallRide or Free MetroRide operators.
Lost and Found Procedure
Items found on RTD vehicles are normally available for pick-up after 1:00 p.m. the following business day at our Lost and Found facilities. You can call Customer Care at 303-299-6000 and select option three to inquire if your item was found prior to visiting our facilities. You may also report lost items online.
RTD is not responsible for lost items, but we will do our best to reunite items with their owners.
Lost and Found Locations
All found items that are not thrown away are sent to Lost and Found. Items found on Denver Metro routes are sent to Civic Center Station. Items found on Boulder/Longmont routes are sent to Downtown Boulder Station. Items are retained for at least seven days prior to being destroyed or donated to charity.
With the exception of bikes, items are delivered to lost and found locations each business day and are available after 1:00 p.m.
Civic Center Station
Denver, CO 80202
Monday through Friday
7:00 am - 6:30 pm
Downtown Boulder Station
Boulder Junction at Depot Square Station
Temporary hours will be 8:00-5:00 M-F beginning 1/20/23
The Following Items are Disposed of Immediately if Found:
- Food and beverages, including containers and lunch bags in poor condition
- Certain clothing items, including undergarments, soiled/smelly items, single gloves, etc.
- Toiletries, including brushes, combs, toothbrushes, make-up, etc.
- Camping items in poor condition, including sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, tarps, etc.
- Certain audio/electronic items, including CDs not in cases, batteries, headphones in poor condition, etc.
- Other: small plastic toys, used baby bottles, pipes and tobacco items, unidentifiable loose papers, empty eyeglass cases, bikes missing tire(s), and backpacks in poor condition or empty.
The Following Items are Reported to RTD Transit Security and are Disposed of:
- Syringes and other drug paraphernalia
- Other miscellaneous items deemed as possible security or public health threats.
Bikes left on buses based in the Boulder/Longmont area are generally delivered to the Downtown Boulder Station each business day.
Bikes left on buses based in the Denver Metro area are typically delivered to Civic Center Station on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, except RTD holidays.
After seven days from the date of loss, all unclaimed bikes are donated to charity.
Tips to Avoid Leaving Your Bike on a Bus:
- When boarding, tell the bus operator where you will be exiting the bus.
- Sit or stand toward the front of the bus.
- As you exit from the front of the bus, inform the bus operator that you will be unloading your bike.
- Do not exit from the back of the bus.