Real Time Information
RTD now provides real time data to app developers, allowing apps to display real time vehicle location updates and arrival predictions based on live GPS locations. Apps enabled with real time information allow you to know where your bus is and when it will arrive at your stop.
Apps enabled with real time information are marked below
Here are details to keep in mind when using real time apps:
- Real time arrival predictions are provided on local, regional, SkyRide and Flatiron Flyer bus routes.
- Real time vehicle location data is provided on all regular fixed-route bus routes. Live train location data will come in a future update.
- Real time arrival predictions begin 30 minutes prior to a vehicle’s scheduled departure from its origin stop.
- Real time vehicle locations are updated every 5 seconds, but the data may be older by the time it reaches your app.
- Every app handles real time information differently, some apps only display arrival predictions, some only display vehicle locations, and some display both.
Apps Created by RTD
Apps Created by Third-party Developers*
Third-party developers have created some great apps using RTD static schedule data available through General Transit Feed Specification. We encourage developers to build applications to help customers get RTD information on the go. Visit Developer Resources for more information.
Let us know about other useful mobile tools by email. We can't promise to list every application or tool, but we will consider all suggestions!
iOSReal timeSee Details
iOSReal timeSee DetailsGoogle Maps integrates RTD routes and data for Android and iPhone users. Google Maps delivers turn-by-turn directions, real-time traffic information and Rider Alerts posted on RTD's website for both bus and rail.
iOS AndroidReal timeSee DetailsLyft integrates RTD routes and data for Android and iPhone users. Lyft allows you to plan a trip, buy and use RTD tickets directly through the app.
iOS Android WindowsReal timeSee Details
iOS AndroidReal timeSee Details
iOS AndroidReal timeSee DetailsUber integrates RTD routes and data for Android and iPhone users. Uber allows you to plan a trip, buy and use RTD tickets directly through the app.
iOS Android Mobile WebReal timeSee Details
*Disclaimer: RTD is not responsible for the content, accuracy or reliability of third-party websites, applications or tools.