RTD prepared to support Denver Broncos fans attending home games with service and connections
RTD prepared to support Denver Broncos fans attending
home games with service and connections
Customers encouraged to use bus and rail options to access Empower Field at Mile High Stadium
DENVER (Nov. 17, 2023) — The Regional Transportation District (RTD) is prepared to support the thousands of Denver Broncos fans who will attend home games this season at Empower Field at Mile High Stadium. The stadium’s close proximity to a number of bus stops and rail stations makes RTD a safe and ideal way for football fans to travel to and from games.
Broncos fans are encouraged to use RTD’s Next Ride application or the online trip planning tool and simply type “Broncos” in the destination field. During the entire football season, RTD’s trip planner will show all transit options from a customer’s current location to Empower Field. The “Broncos” navigation feature will list the departure and arrival times of all train lines and bus routes serving the stadium.
Before and after Broncos home games this season, RTD will also add rail cars to increase capacity on regularly scheduled service on the E and W lines, which both directly serve Empower Field at Mile High. Rail cars will also be added to the N Line between Eastlake•124th Station and Union Station.
The E and W light rail lines directly serve the stadium, which can be accessed at Decatur•Federal Station (W Line) or Empower Field at Mile High Station (E and W lines). Both stations are a less-than-10-minute walk to the stadium.
All rail service to Denver Union Station allows customers to make a simple transfer to the E and W lines. Customers using the D and H lines into downtown Denver can also reach Empower Field by exiting the train at Colfax at Auraria Station and walking to the stadium, which takes about 20 minutes.
Several local bus routes are available to accommodate customers attending football games. Bus routes operating in the vicinity of Empower Field at Mile High include Route 30 (South Federal Boulevard) and Route 31 (North Federal Boulevard). Additionally, the 1, 15L, 16 and 31 all serve Decatur•Federal Station.
For customers looking for an easy transfer to the E or W lines at Denver Union Station, the Flatiron Flyer and local bus routes 0, 9, 10, 15, 20 and 32 are all options.
- Plan ahead, be patient and prepare for large crowds, including on platforms and trains
- Please note that Auraria West Station is closed during events at Empower Field at Mile High
- Check the RTD website for schedules before you travel and plan your trip using the “Broncos” feature
- Download the RTD Transit Watch App to report any safety or security issues, available for iOS and Android devices in English and Spanish RTD’s
- Park-n-Rides are available to support easy and convenient access to the stadium by public transit. A full list of Park-n-Rides in the metro area is available online