What is the DBE/SBE Program?
The RTD Small Business Opportunity Office's Disadvantaged Business Enterprise/Small Business Enterprise (DBE/SBE) Program creates a level playing field, removing barriers and assisting in the development of businesses like yours. We are focused on building a stronger Colorado economy by certifying firms, ensuring compliance of goals set, and providing training so DBE/SBEs can grow and thrive in this competitive industry. The Small Business Opportunity Office is part of RTD's Civil Rights Division.
Disadvantaged Business Enterprise
- Established to accommodate historically under-utilized businesses
- Goals set for federally funded projects with subcontracting potential
- Certification granted through the State of Colorado
Small Business Enterprise
- Established to accommodate small businesses in a race-neutral and gender-neutral framework
- Goals set for locally funded projects with subcontracting potential
- Certification granted through RTD
- Eligible firms are classified by personal net worth and average gross receipts
When competing for contracts, an SBE certificate accompanied with a DBE certificate is key to gaining a competitive edge. Firms should seek certification for all programs they qualify for, as individual contracting opportunities may have established goals for SBEs, DBEs or both.
RTD only certifies firms as SBEs. First, you need to Become Certified.
For DBE Certification, please visit the City and County of Denver or Colorado Department of Transportation's websites.