Bikes and Scooters on Buses
Bikes are not allowed inside RTD buses at any time. All buses are equipped with bike racks on the front of the bus, except for the 16th Street Free MallRide. Our easy-to-use bike racks can hold two bicycles, battery-powered e-bikes, or e-scooters. Our bike racks can hold adult and child bikes and can accommodate bikes up to 55 lbs with tires up to 2.3 inches in width. RTD is not responsible for lost or stolen bikes or damage to bikes due to improper loading.
Using Bike Racks on a Bus
Rules for Bikes on the Bus
- Bikes can be loaded at all bus stops except those marked “Non-bicycle stop.”
- You must be able to lift the bike and place it on the rack yourself.
- You may not lock your bicycle to the rack on the front of a bus.
Tips for Bikes on Flatiron Flyer, Regional and SkyRide Buses
- Always allow the bus operator to open and close the baggage bin doors.
- When the bus arrives, remain in line with your bike. Luggage and bikes will be loaded before the passengers board the bus.
- Load your bike as compactly as possible into the baggage bin. You may need to quick-release your front wheel.
- Once your bike is loaded, return to your place in line to board the bus.