RTD to support popular events this weekend with service and connections into downtown
RTD is expecting a surge in ridership on buses and trains this weekend as people take advantage of Zero Fare transit to attend downtown events including the Ed Sheeran concert at Empower Field at Mile High and the Thomas Rhett concert at Ball Arena. The proximity of the venues to a number of bus stops and rail stations makes public transit a safe and ideal way to attend the concerts. Rail operations will also accommodate additional customers by adding extra cars to existing train service to boost service before and after the weekend events.
All RTD services will operate on regular schedules, and customers are encouraged to stay informed by checking the agency’s website and RTD’s Next Ride web app for trip planning and real-time tracking of transit options, and to check schedules and view Service Alerts.
Zero Fare for Better Air
Through the end of August, RTD is offering zero fares across the entire system as part of the Zero Fare for Better Air initiative. This collaborative, statewide initiative to offer Zero Fare for the months of July and August was made possible by a grant from the Colorado Energy Office. Customers can easily use all of RTD’s buses and trains by simply hopping aboard.
Ongoing E and H line maintenance paused for events
A months-long maintenance project currently underway to repair coping panels along the E and H lines will be temporarily paused Aug. 19-20 to allow trains to operate without planned disruptions.
RTD offers a variety of safe and reliable services to reach the events. Below are some helpful tips and tools for taking RTD to and from the events:
- Plan ahead, be patient, and prepare for large crowds, including on platforms and trains
- Check the RTD website before you travel for schedules to and from the events
- Download the RTD Transit Watch App to report any safety or security issues, available for iOS and Android devices in English and Spanish
- Use RTD’s Next Ride app to plan and navigate trips in real time
- For the latest details about service detours or disruptions, sign up for Service Alerts
- To ensure a positive experience while using transit, all customers must follow the RTD Code of Conduct when on board vehicles and waiting at stations and stops