Food Delivery Program
Access-a-Ride provides a food bank and grocery delivery service from participating food bank and grocery store locations. Customers interested in having food delivered to them by Access-a-Ride must either call the food bank directly or visit the grocery store’s website in order to set up an account and place an order. Once the order has been placed, a scheduled pickup date/time will be provided from the grocer or food bank. The day before the scheduled pick-up time, the customer will then need to call Access-a-Ride reservations at 303-292-6560 and book a trip to pick up the groceries on that date and time. Keep in mind that King Soopers and Safeway will not process food orders over the telephone.
- This is a service that was initiated during the COVID-19 state of emergency and will continue. It is a food delivery option that does not require the customer to ride. The service is for Access-a-Ride customers only and does not require fare payment.
- Customers must provide the address of the grocery store or food bank when making the reservation.
- The scheduled date, pickup time, and grocery store order confirmation number must be provided to reservations.
- Operators are not permitted to enter beyond the threshold or ground level of any building. If there are stairs leading from the sidewalk to the house or building, operators will assist up/down those stairs. If, upon reaching the main level entrance, there are stairs to the next floor, operators will not assist up/down those stairs.
- If the front door is not visible from the curb, a phone number must be provided so that Dispatch can call the customer upon the operator’s arrival at the delivery drop-off location.
- Please do not order frozen food. Deliveries will be similar to passenger transport, and orders may be on board for over an hour.
- Save the order pick-up window selected on the grocery store website. You will need to provide this pick-up window to AAR Reservations.
- Operators cannot leave groceries on the front door of an unattended address.