How to Schedule a Trip with Access-a-Ride
Trip scheduling is done via Access-a-Ride Reservations at 303-292-6560, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., 365 days year-round, or by using the Customer portal.
When scheduling a trip, please be ready to provide the customer's:
- Access-a-Ride Identification Number
- Home ZIP Code
- Specific pick-up address, including building number, phone and suite numbers, business/building names, specific pick-up information, and landmarks. (Access-a-Ride cannot schedule trips to or from bus stops or intersections.)
- Telephone contact number
- The requested pick-up date and time or the requested arrival time if this is appropriate
- The street address of the destination (including building number, phone and suite numbers, business/building names, doctor’s names, and specific pick-up information and landmarks)
- The pick-up time and location of the return trip if different than the drop off location*
- Personal Care Attendant (PCA) if traveling with customer
- Guest(s) (including children) if traveling with customer
- Details of mobility device used for trip: manual wheelchair, power wheelchair,
- Additional travel details such as oxygen tank, a portable respirator, or a service animal
*THERE MUST BE AT LEAST ONE HOUR ELAPSED TIME BETWEEN THE SCHEDULED DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP TIMES.
If an appointment may take less time than expected. The customer may contact Dispatch to inquire if it is possible to reschedule a return trip before the one-hour elapsed time. Please note that these requests are approved on a case-by-case basis and may not always be available.
In order to increase the efficiency of the service, reservations may offer an alternate pick-up or drop off time. This time may be up negotiated to either one hour before or after the requested time, but the time should take into account the customer’s time constraints. The customer may accept or reject this negotiated time or may suggest a more acceptable option.
- If Access-a-Ride cannot accommodate the exact schedule request, the reservationist may offer a pick-up time of up to sixty (60) minutes before or up to sixty (60) minutes after the requested pickup time.
- If a customer’s building is within a gated community and requires special entry, the customer must notify the security office to arrange entry for the Access-a-Ride vehicle before the pick-up time. If the customer does not arrange entry, and the vehicle is unable to enter the pick-up area, the customer will be considered a no-show.
- Access-a-Ride will not transport a PCA, guests (including children), packages, luggage, wheelchairs or other mobility aids unless the customer is on board the vehicle.
When requesting rides:
- Allow plenty of time to finish an appointment in order to meet the vehicle at the scheduled return trip pickup window
- Know the opening and closing times at the destination to avoid waiting outside the building before or after business hours
- Allow adequate travel time while using public transportation to reach the destination
- Allow extra time for the pick-up and drop-off of other customers before reaching the destination
- Allow for traffic conditions and weather delays
Customers will be provided with a 30 minute pick up window when making the reservation. It is important to be ready to leave prior to the start of the pickup window to prevent delays.
Subscription Service is limited to customers traveling to the same place, at the same time, at least once a week. Access-a-Ride offers a subscription service on a space available basis and may prioritize service as needed. To request subscription service, please call (303) 299-2960 or (303) 292-6560 to request a subscription form. The form is also available on the Access-a-Ride page of the RTD website. Access-a-Ride will terminate any Subscription Services that are canceled 50% or more of the
time during any thirty (30) calendar day period, or if there is a consistent pattern of cancellations of any part of a subscription.
- Subscriptions may be put on hold for no longer than two (2) weeks and must be resumed at the end of the hold.
- Failure to cancel subscription trips will result in no show policy taking effect and may lead to suspension of service.
- Changes to subscription trip times are subject to trip negotiation rules.
- If there is a change of address or a schedule change is requested for subscription service, Access-a-Ride may not be able to accommodate the request immediately and the customer will be added to a waiting list.