Zero Fare for Youth
Youth 19 and under ride at no cost September ’23 – August ’24!
*Proof of eligibility required. Click here to learn more.
Respect the Ride focuses on providing a safe, convenient, and enjoyable experience for all customers, while also discouraging disruptive or antisocial behaviors. In short, all that RTD asks is that customers respect others and be considerate of its employees, vehicles, and facilities.
A Welcoming Transit Environment
- Basic civility and respect are expected. Spitting, littering, indecent exposure, stealing, damaging RTD property, and other disorderly conduct are not allowed.
- Individuals are prohibited from impeding the safe boarding or exiting of other customers.
- It is illegal to avoid paying a fare, whether by skipping payment portals or using counterfeit fare.
- The use of illegal drugs and consumption of alcohol is prohibited. Smoking tobacco, including the use of electronic cigarettes, is not allowed on buses and trains or in RTD facilities.
- Selling goods or services is not allowed. This includes distributing handbills and flyers to customers.
- Other than service animals, animals and pets are prohibited on vehicles or in facilities. However, small pets in carriers are permitted.
- It is illegal to bring explosives, firearms, or other potentially dangerous objects on RTD’s vehicles or in facilities unless you have proper documentation.
- Playing music is permitted only if you use earbuds or headphones that prevent your music from bothering other customers.
- Food and drinks need to be stored in resealable containers.
- You must exit buses or trains once they have completed their routes.
Being respectful of other customers and considerate to RTD’s employees does not take more than common courtesy. Review Full List Here.