The Uber app is not reflecting the $2 payment for our customers at this time. As long as the Business Payment is selected for trips, the subsidy will still be applied to those trips. Uber is working to fix this issue.
Access-a-Ride customers: Register for Access-on Demand with Uber
Now, current certified Access-a-Ride customers have a dedicated ride alternative for curb-to-curb service with Access-on-Demand through Uber. Schedule up to 4 trips per day or 60 trips per month, when booking through the Uber app.
Access-on-Demand operates anywhere in the RTD service area and can accommodate customers requiring wheelchair-accessible vehicles (WAV), which will be provided using designated Access-a-Ride vehicles.
WHAT DOES ACCESS-ON-DEMAND COST?
As with the Access-a-Cab service, the first $2 of UberX, XL, or WAV trips will be charged to the payment method tied to the rider’s Uber account. RTD will subsidize up to an additional $20 of each fare. If the total trip cost is over $22, you will be responsible for any additional balance over that amount.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR ACCESS-ON-DEMAND?
- Set up an Uber account, including a payment method
- Complete the online enrollment
- Receive a message from Uber confirming enrollment
- Book your trips directly through the Uber app, using the RTD profile
Helpful hints about using Uber
Creating an Uber account requires a valid email address and phone number. You'll also need to create a password and agree to terms and conditions and our privacy notice.
Fill in your first and last name, phone number, and preferred language. Once you complete this part of the signup process, we send a text SMS to verify your phone number.
Next, enter your payment information. Adding a credit card or debit card number allows your trip fares to be automatically charged after each ride.
After you provide this info, we'll send an email to confirm your account registration.
- Open the app and enter your destination in the “Where to?” field.
- Swipe to see the vehicle options available in your area. Select one for your ride, then tap “Choose Uber X” (button will be your vehicle selection).
- Select payment method. Below the ride option, select “Personal Payment” and then change to the “Business payment” method on the popup to be able to use the RTD subsidy for your trip. Close this window and you will see “Business payment” as your current payment method.
- You may be asked to confirm your pickup location. If so, move the pin on the map, or select from a list of locations. Tap “Confirm Pickup” to send your request to eligible drivers in the area.
- If you’re not asked to confirm your pickup, tap “Confirm UberX, XL or RTD WAV” (button will be your vehicle selection) to send your request to eligible drivers in the area.
- You’ll see an estimated time to be matched with an eligible driver. If no drivers are available for the type of ride you’ve chosen, the app will suggest an alternate ride type with available drivers nearby.
- Once a driver accepts your request, you’ll see their location and estimated time of arrival on the map.
The app will notify you if no drivers are available for your request. Riders requesting Wheelchair Accessible vehicles (WAV) should contact RTD dispatch at 303-480-2000 if this message is received. Uber will send you notifications when your driver is close to your pickup location.
BEFORE you are matched with a driver:
- Tap the white bar at the bottom of your screen that says "Finding your ride"
- Tap "Cancel"
- Tap "NO" to keep your ride, or "YES, CANCEL" to cancel
AFTER you are matched with a driver:
- Tap the bar at the bottom of your screen showing your driver's information
- Tap "Cancel Trip"
- Tap "NO" to keep the ride, or "YES, CANCEL" to cancel and accept the fee
As is always the case, riders and drivers can cancel a trip for any reason.
Cancellation fees may be charged if:
- You cancel after a driver has already accepted your request
- Your driver cancels after waiting at the pickup location designated in the app, confirm this is consistent with your exact location, or reset the pin for the pickup.
NOTE (from Uber): In some cases, your cancellation fees will also be based on how far your driver has already driven
Up to 30 days after a trip, you may change the payment via the following:
- Go to trip history
- Select the trip to edit
- Click on the receipt for dispute
- Select switch payment method
- Switch payment profile to business
PLEASE NOTE: RTD UBER SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE TRIPS TO AND OR FROM DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (DIA).
You may, however, elect to use Uber to travel to the RTD A Line at 61st and Pena Blvd and transfer to the train traveling to and from DIA.
Address for this location is 6045 N Richfield St Denver, CO 80249.
Other questions? Please visit https://help.uber.com/riders to find the answer.