Access-a-Ride customers: Register for Access-on Demand with Uber
- For customers with current Access-a-Ride certification
- Curb to Curb service
- Schedule all trips in the Uber app
- Wheelchair accessible vehicles (WAV) available
- Four (4) Trips per day
- Up to 60 trips per month
- Uber service is available within the RTD Service area
- For airport trips, click here for info
How much do I pay?
- The first $2 of UberX, XL, or WAV trips will be charged to customer's personal payment
- RTD will subsidize up to an additional $20 of each fare.
- If the total trip cost is over $22, you will be responsible for any additional balance over that amount.
HOW DO I SIGN UP FOR ACCESS-ON-DEMAND?
- Set up an Uber account, including a payment method
- Complete the online enrollment
- Receive a message from Uber confirming enrollment
- Book your trips directly through the Uber app, using the RTD profile
How to create an Uber account
How to request a ride with the RTD subsidy
- Uber is an On Demand program so rides should be requested as needed.
- Uber trips cannot be scheduled in advance to be eligible for the subsidy.
BEFORE you are matched with a driver:
- Tap the white bar at the bottom of your screen that says "Finding your ride"
- Tap "Cancel"
- Tap "NO" to keep your ride, or "YES, CANCEL" to cancel
AFTER you are matched with a driver:
- Tap the bar at the bottom of your screen showing your driver's information
- Tap "Cancel Trip"
- Tap "NO" to keep the ride, or "YES, CANCEL" to cancel and accept the fee
As is always the case, riders and drivers can cancel a trip for any reason.
Cancellation fees may be charged if:
- You cancel after a driver has already accepted your request
- Your driver cancels after waiting at the pickup location designated in the app, confirm this is consistent with your exact location, or reset the pin for the pickup.
NOTE (from Uber): In some cases, your cancellation fees will also be based on how far your driver has already driven
Up to 30 days after a trip, you may change the payment via the following:
- Go to trip history
- Select the trip to edit
- Click on the receipt for dispute
- Select switch payment method
- Switch payment profile to business
- Yes, you may bring additional people with you on Uber
- You do not need permission prior to the ride and you will not be charged more.
Contact Access-on-Demand or email us at [email protected] to switch payment profiles. In the subject line you will put "Transit Program Payment Issues."
PLEASE NOTE: RTD UBER SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE TRIPS TO AND OR FROM DENVER INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (DIA).
You may, however, elect to use Uber to travel to the RTD A Line at 61st and Pena Blvd and transfer to the train traveling to and from DIA.
Address for this location is 6045 N Richfield St Denver, CO 80249.
Other questions? Please visit https://help.uber.com/riders to find the answer.