Fare Collection Suspension
As of April 5, 2020, fare collection is suspended on all services due to COVID-19. For buses, please board from the rear door until further notice, unless you require ADA assistance. As a reminder, please respect social distancing and keep at least 6’ apart.
Paper Monthly Pass
- Exchange: April paper monthly passes obtained through any sales channel may be exchanged for a different month in 2020, once fare collection resumes. April passes can be mailed to RTD using this form and a replacement for the month of your choosing will be mailed to you. Monthly passes will be mailed beginning on the 15th for the following month.
- Exchanges can also be processed at RTD Sales Outlets once fare collection resumes. Monthly passes are available for the following month beginning on the 15th.
- Refund: April paper monthly passes can be brought to an RTD Sales Outlet for a cash or credit card refund.
Mobile Ticketing Monthly Pass
- Exchange: Mobile ticketing April monthly passes can be exchanged for a different month in 2020, once fare collection resumes. Monthly passes are available beginning on the 15th of the prior month. To request your new monthly pass, call Customer Care at 303-299-6000, contact us online, or visit an RTD Sales Outlet.
- Refund: Call Customer Care at 303-299-6000, contact us online, or visit an RTD Sales Outlet to request a refund for an April mobile ticketing monthly pass.
Mobile Ticketing Day Pass and Three-hour Pass
- Passes that expire while RTD is suspending fare collection may be exchanged for replacement passes by calling Customer Care at 303-299-6000, contacting us online, or visiting an RTD Sales Outlet. The replacement passes will be valid for use for 120 days after being issued to your mobile ticket wallet.
Fare Payment Options
$3.00 regular price / $1.50* discount price / $0.90** youth priceNEW 3-HOUR PASS
$2.80 regular price / $1.40* discount price / $0.90** youth priceMyRide card - 3-HOUR
$6.00 regular price / $3.00*discount price / $1.80** youth priceDay Pass
$5.00 regular price Single Boarding
$30.00 regular price 6-ride ticket bookAccess-a-ride
$28 regular price / $14* discount price / $9** youth price10-Ride Ticket Book
$114 regular price / $57* discount price / $34.20** youth priceMonthly Pass
- Rail travel in 1 or 2 fare zones
- Local/limited bus routes
- Local service on Regional or SkyRide bus routes
- FlexRide service
$5.25 regular price / $2.60* discount price / $1.60** youth priceNEW 3-HOUR PASS
$5.05 regular price / $2.50* discount price / $1.60** youth priceMyRide card - 3-Hour
$10.50 regular price / $5.25* discount price / $3.20** youth priceDay Pass
$9.00 regular price Single BoardingAccess-A-Ride
$50.50regular price / $25.25* discount price / $16.00** youth price10-Ride Ticket Book
$200 regular price / $99* discount price / $60** youth priceMonthly Pass
- Rail travel in 3 fare zones
- Regional bus routes
- Regional service on SkyRide bus routes
$10.50 regular price / $5.25* discount price / $3.20** youth price
$10.30 regular price / $5.15* discount price / $3.20** youth priceMyRide card - 3-Hour
Airport fare is Included in the
Regional/Airport Day Pass
$20.00 regular price Single BoardingAccess-a-ride
Travel to Airport Airport trips require an upgrade
Airport fare is Included in the
Regional/Airport Monthly Pass
- Rail travel in the Airport fare zone (Denver International Airport)
- Bus service to DEN - Denver International Airport
* Discount fares apply to seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, and Medicare recipients. ** Youth discount fares apply to youth ages 6-19 (up to three children ages 5 and younger ride free with a fare-paying adult). Active duty members of the U.S. military ride for free on all RTD services. Proof of eligibility is required for all passengers using discounted fare products.
Pick the Fare Product That's Right For You
|You ride RTD:||Your best fare is:|
|2 or fewer trips per day, and fewer than 20 days per month||
|3 or more trips per day, and fewer than 13 days per month||
2 trips per day, and 20 or more days per month
OR3 or more trips per day, and 13 or more days per month
|To and from the airport on a single day||
Regional/Airport Day Pass ($10.50)
|To or from the airport more than 19 days per month||
Regional/Airport Monthly Pass ($200)
Note: The examples above show RTD full fares. Discount fares are also available to those who qualify.
Additional Fare Information
- No Refunds :
There are no refunds for purchases of any fare products. Fare media may carry an end-of-year expiration date; if so, they may be eligible for credit towards a new ticket book during a limited period. The ticket exchange period for 2019 ended on January 31, 2020.
- 3-Hour Pass :
- The new 3-Hour Pass replaces the 3-hour one-way transfer. The 3-Hour Pass allows riders to take unlimited trips at the same service level on bus or train. Purchase the 3-Hour Pass from ticket vending machines, when boarding a bus, at an RTD sales outlet, or on the RTD Mobile Tickets app. You can also use your MyRide card. The 3-Hour Pass will serve as your valid fare payment for three hours from the time of purchase, issue or activation.
- 10-Ride Tickets :
- To save time and money, you can purchase a 10-Ride Ticket book online, from an RTD sales outlet, or participating King Soopers or Safeway stores. Tickets from a ticket book must be inserted into the bus fare box when boarding a bus and will be exchanged by your driver for a printed 3-Hour Pass, if you request one. If you’re using a ticket from a ticket book to ride a train then be sure to validate the ticket prior to boarding by inserting it into the rail station’s ticket validator, otherwise your ticket will not be considered valid fare payment. Tickets serve as your valid fare payment for three hours from the time of purchase or validation.
Learn more about ticket books
- Access-a-Ride :
- Access-a-Ride fares are $5.00 for Local trips, $9.00 for Regional trips, and $20.00 for trips to or from Denver International Airport. Access-a-Ride offers Local 5-Ride ticket books that provide a discount of approximately 10 percent, the most cost-effective option. Full-fare 10-Ride tickets will continue to be accepted as payment on Access-a-Ride. Passengers with a valid Access-a-Ride ID card can ride any RTD fixed route service for free.
Get more information about Access-a-Ride fares
- Buy online :
- The RTD Online Store allows you to place online orders using a credit card for Monthly Passes, 10-Ride Ticket Books, Day Pass Books, Access-a-Ride Ticket Books, and gift certificates.
Please note: online orders are processed and shipped only twice per month so be sure to plan your orders in advance
- Day Pass :
- Take unlimited trips at the same service level on bus or train for the entire RTD service day for the price of a round-trip (passes expire at 2:59 a.m. on the day after purchase, validations, or activation). The Local Day Pass and the Regional/Airport Day Pass are available for sale on buses (cash only, exact change), using the RTD Mobile Tickets app, and from ticket vending machines at rail stations. The Local Day Pass is valid for Local fare, and the Regional/Airport Day Pass is valid for Local, Regional, and Airport fare
Learn more about the RTD Day Pass
- Discount fares :
- Discount fares apply to seniors 65+, individuals with disabilities, and Medicare recipients. Youth discount fare applies to youth ages 6-19 (up to three children ages 5 and younger ride free with a fare-paying adult). Active duty members of the U.S. military ride for free on all RTD services. Proof of eligibility is required for all passengers using discounted fare products.
Learn more about discount fares, proof of eligibility requirements, and special discount cards
- Downgrades :
- In most cases the bus fare that you pay will correspond to the service level of the route (ie. Local, Regional, or Airport). However on Regional and Airport routes it is possible to take a partial trip that qualifies for a lower "downgraded" fare, depending on the route and where you board and depart. If you know your trip qualifies for a downgraded fare be sure to tell the driver before you pay your fare so that you get charged correctly.
See Regional and Airport fare tables for more information
- Fare evasion :
- It is against the law to use RTD services without paying the fare (C.R.S. § 42-4-1416(2) Failure to Present a Valid Transit Pass or Coupon). Failure to present a valid transit pass, ticket, transfer or coupon could result in a fine of up to $106.50 including court costs. Fare evasion is punishable under the Colorado traffic code and failure to pay may result in the loss of a person's driving privileges. Multiple fare citations will result in suspension from RTD services for a pre-determined amount of time.
Learn more about RTD's fare evasion policies
- FlexRide :
- Formerly known as Call-n-Ride. FlexRide fares are always a Local fare.
Learn more about FlexRide fares
- Mobile Ticketing :
- The RTD Mobile Ticketing app -Hour Passes, Day Passes and Monthly Passes instantly on your smart phone! Buy tickets anytime and anywhere in just seconds. Simply download the app, purchase a pass, activate it before boarding a bus or train and you are on your way. You can even pre-purchase your pass for future use within 45 days of purchase.
Learn more about the RTD Mobile Tickets app
- MyRide :
- MyRide offers the most convenient, flexible and easy way to pay your fare on bus or train. By tapping your card on the smart card validator when boarding the bus or prior to boarding the train the MyRide system automatically deducts the proper fare for your trip. MyRide makes it quicker and easier than ever to pay your fare. MyRide users automatically receive a $0.20 discount on full fare, and a $0.10 discount on discount fare for seniors, individuals with disabilities, and Medicare recipients whenever a MyRide card is used to pay the fare. MyRide cards may be purchased and/or loaded online, at RTD sales outlets, or at select King Soopers and Safeway stores.
Learn more about RTD's MyRide card
- Pass programs :
- RTD offers several pass programs including EcoPass, FlexPass, CollegePass, Neighborhood EcoPass, and LiVE. These programs give employers, educational institutions, and neighborhoods the opportunity to provide their employees, students, or residents with discounted or subsidized RTD transit passes.
- Rail fare zones :
- The RTD rail system is divided into four fare zones: A, B, C, and Airport. Rail fares are based on how many fare zones you travel in during your trip. Travel in one or two zones is a Local fare, travel in three zones is a Regional fare, and any trip originating or ending in the Airport zone is an Airport fare. When determining the fare for a rail trip, fare zones are not counted twice if your trip takes you out of one zone and back into the same zone during a trip.
See the fare zone map
- RTD Nonprofit program :
- RTD's Nonprofit Program offers reduced fares to eligible 501(c)(3) non-profit or governmental community/social service organizations that provide assistance to low income and homeless individuals. To learn more about the program and how to apply, please contact RTD's Nonprofit Program Coordinator by email.
- Sales outlets :
- You can buy RTD tickets and passes at retail sales outlets at several RTD transit facilities, as well as at more than 150 participating King Soopers and Safeway stores across the Denver metro area. These sales outlets offer a convenient option for purchasing RTD passes and tickets.
Find a sales outlet near you
- SeniorRide fares :
- SeniorRide fares range from just $3.00 to $5.25 depending on the level of service.
Learn more about SeniorRide fares
- SkyRide fares :
- Airport fare and the Regional/Airport Day Pass are both just $10.50 (full fare). If you ride a SkyRide route without boarding or departing at DEN your trip will qualify for a downgraded fare. Depending on where you board and how far you travel you will pay either a Local or Regional fare instead of the Airport fare. Be sure to tell the driver when you board if you aren't going to DEN so that you are correctly charged the downgraded fare.
View the SkyRide fare tables for more information
- Sports & special events :
- Fares vary by boarding location and type of service for sports rides and seasonal special services. Refer to individual special services for fare information.
View all seasonal special services
- Transfers :
- Transfers were discontinued on January 1, 2019, and replaced with a 3-Hour Pass. The 3-Hour Pass allows riders to take unlimited trips at the same service level on bus or train. Purchase the 3-Hour Pass from ticket vending machines, when boarding a bus, using the RTD Mobile Tickets app, with the MyRide card or at an RTD sales outlet. The 3-Hour Pass will serve as your valid fare payment for three hours from the time of purchase, issue or activation.
- Upgrades :
Due to its value and convenience, riders are encouraged to utilize the Regional/Airport Day Pass rather than relying on upgrades for making multiple trips at different fare levels. However, passengers may use an upgrade on a higher level of service.
Upgrade on a Regional trip:
Passengers with a Local ticket, Local 3-Hour Pass, Local Day Pass or Local Monthly Pass may upgrade to a Regional 3-Hour Pass (full fare upgrade $2.25 / discount fare upgrade $1.10 / youth upgrade $0.70) when boarding a regional bus and paying for the upgrade in cash.
Upgrade on a trip to or from Denver International Airport:
Passengers with a Local 3-Hour Pass, Local Day Pass or Local Monthly Pass may pay for an airport upgrade (full fare upgrade $7.50 / discount fare upgrade $3.75 / youth upgrade $2.30) with cash on the bus to or from the airport; or purchase an airport upgrade ticket with cash, credit or debit at a ticket vending machine at a train station. Passengers with a Regional 3-Hour Pass may pay for an airport upgrade (full fare upgrade $5.25 / discount fare upgrade $2.65 / youth upgrade $1.60) in cash when boarding the bus.